I installed the bigger needle and nozzle. Tight fit, to tight....

• I installed the .5 mm needle and nozzle. The needle does not move. The o ring or needle guide is to small. Do i have to change the o ring too?

• I think you may try to tighten the needle chucking nut. Since you were able to install the needle, as far as I'm concerned, the size of the needle guide should'nt be a problem in this case.

• The shaft diameter of the three needles is the same size. The difference in the needle sizes is how they are ground at the tip.

See if the following help you out.

First, when you change needles make sure you put the nozzle and nozzle cap on first, and make sure they are tight. Then install the needle. If the order is reversed it could cause the needle and nozzle to be overly compressed and give you trouble.

Second, it may just be the chucking nut (I call it the Jam Nut) needs tightened a little more. I’ve put new needles on and had them slip and not move when the trigger is pulled. A little more twist on the chucking nut and everything worked great.

Lastly, you can try and loosen up the needle guide. I’ve found that snugging the chucking nut a bit more than usual gave me good results.

Let me know if this helps, or if there’s anything else I can help with.

I also have a takedown video on the Swallowtail if you'd like to watch.  

Takedown and greasing the Swallowtail